So in the interest of free buckets of cash
I’m looking into the virtual charter school thing.
- $800 per student per year to use toward education, including extracurriculars like piano or karate!
- Lots and lots of oversight.
- Annual out-of-home testing.
- Paperwork and meeting requirements from whoever we are given as our teacher liason.
- Genneral ennui as my children are injected, inspected, detected, infected, neglected, and selected.
But did I mention the $800?
I haven’t talked to anyone at the school, just other school families. Their opinions vary. I’m going to email the admissions director about what is really required and what is optional. This wouldn’t be for all the kids, most likely Gilbert, Trixie and Gloria. Possibly Abby. And I’d have to get their buy-in, because I’m not doing this unless they are willing to deal with the hoops and red tape. And the work, of course. Right now we do math, the end.
I bet we don’t end up doing it. But the monnnnneeeyyyy…