I need to gather together my birth supplies and otherwise prep. I’d homebirth anytime after 36 weeks, which is like 2 and a half weeks away! Before 36 weeks I’d birth in the hospital.
I’m gonna make a list to gather up:
- Chux pads
- Cord tie
- 2 painter’s dropcloths – much sturdier than the tablecloths I used last time.
- Bath towels from thrift store, can always use more
- Oooh! Almost forgot! Big disposable heating pads, the kind for back pain
- All my post-birth voodoo rememdies for afterpains: herb teas and tinctures, heating pad, and of course Tylenol.
- Clean sheets
And to do:
- Wash newborn dipes, covers and clothes
- Knit a wee hat for postbirth photo op 🙂
- Find my cloth postpartum pads… where did I put those…
- Give birth!
Gotta be more than that… hmm.